I haven’t written anything or posted anything in a very long time- six months, to be precise. I was scrolling through Pintrest and stumbled upon this blogging challenge. For the past couple of months, I’ve been slightly lost in a sort of frenzy, and this is an attempt to, as the title reads, get back to blogging. This is a thirty-day challenge, which means I’ll be posting throughout for the next thirty days, or at least I intend on. I’ll be annoying all of you by posting this on literally all of my social media platforms, so please bear with me.
For those unfamiliar with the challenge, or for those who’d like to take it up, the link is given below. I case you decide to participate, tag me.
DAY 1- A recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself:
15 interesting facts about myself:
- I’m a Sagittarius. To quote Penny, from The Big Bang Theory, “I’m a Sagittarius, which probably tells you way more than you need to know.”
- I have two stitches on the back of my head from 10 years ago when I injured myself while wrestling around with my best friend.
- I hate pseudo-feminists. The world is full of people with stupid and disgusting behavioural practices but nothing pisses me off more than pseudo-feminists, especially the ones who conveniently use feminism to get themselves out of trouble.
- I procrastinate a lot. The fact that I haven’t updated this blog in six months is a proof to my level of procrastination.
- I suck at art, so I settled with art appreciation. I genuinely believe in the Arts and their ability to inspire, create, and revolutionise the world. Even though I’m not studying the Arts, the subtext of a poem, or an allegorical painting will always intrigue me more than Science ever will.
- I can speak and write only in three languages like most people in India (People on tumblr find it impressive).
- My favourite movie is a tie between ‘Dead Poets Society’ and a Bollywood movie called ‘Jab We Met’. I could watch either of these any day, any time, any number of times and it would instantly cheer me up.
- I’m old schooled. I like poetry, classics, and despise EDM. My values are traditional even though my methods of execution maybe modern.
- I’m an overly enthusiastic optimist, which isn’t necessarily a good thing because I get carried away and end up disappointed quite often; but it isn’t entirely a bad thing either because it has helped me survive some of the worst days.
- I’m an ambivert, which basically means I don’t identify as an introvert or as an extrovert and my behaviour just depends on the crowd and my presence of mind at that point of time. Nevertheless, I have been told I’m a bit of an extremist.
- I’m very intuitive about people. Growing up in an all girls’ school, I’ve been exposed to so many types of people that I instantly recognise someone with bad intentions.
- I’m not an atheist (even though my mother thinks I am one) However, I don’t believe in idol worship of any form. Spirituality is more important to me than religion.
- If you asked me what my biggest fear is, I’d say fear of oblivion, and not because it looks good on paper or because Augustus Waters fan girls think it’s cool. It’s literally the worst because it prevents you from living in the moment, and the possibility of not succeeding will haunt you forever.
- I’m incapable of verbally expressing my emotions. I’ve tried to overcome this a few times, but I always end up going back to my shell. This is also one of the reasons I write. All these unsaid things in my head that are waiting to be heard.
- My name, ‘Praagna’, means intelligence in Sanskrit.