Hi, guys! I hope all of you are having a great week, I have been extremely busy this week and I thought for today’s blog post, I’ll share with you the recipe of Samosa, it’s one of my favourite Indian snacks and I love making it just as much as I love eating it. I love Indian food more than anything in the world, it’s so easy yet flavourful.
This is a two part process, first is making the dough after which we have to prepare the stuffing for the Samosa.
Flour( maida) – 1 cup
Carom seeds( optional) – 1/2 tspn
Ghee/oil – 3 tblspn
salt – as per as taste
Shelled green peas – 1/2 cup
Oil – 2 tblspn + for frying
Cumin seeds – 1tspn.
Chopped ginger – 1tspn
Chopped green chillies – 1tspn
Potato cubes( 1/2 cm) – 2 cups
Red chilli powder – 1tspn
Dry Mango powder – 1tspn
Garam masala powder – 1tspn
Chopped Coriander leaves or cilantro – 1tblspn
Method of Preparation:
- Mix the dough ingredients. Add water slowly, little by little and turn into a hard dough. Keep the dough under a wet cloth for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Cook green peas in salted boiling water until it turns soft. Refresh in cold water and drain out excess water.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds to the boiling pan, once it starts to change it’s colour to a darker shade, it starts splattering and that’s when you add chopped ginger, chopped green chilli and diced potatoes. Add red chilli powder, salt, dry mango powder, garam masala and stir well.
- Sprinkle water and leave them to cook until potatoes are done. Add shelled green peas and mix well.
- Divide the dough into sixteen equal portions and roll them into balls. Apply a little flout and roll them into four inch diamter elonagted diskettes.
- Cut into half, apply water on the edges. Shape them into a cone and stuff it with the potato and peas filling, seals the edges and deep fry in a medium hot oil till crisp and golden brown.
- Serve hot with Green chutney or Tomato Ketchup.
I hope you all enjoyed the recipe, it’s easy and extremely delicious. Let me know, if you liked this recipe in the comments below.